Sunday, January 17, 2016

Teachers

Hello!! I am back!! Well I started working since October of last year. I work as a para educator at a school. Not the school my kids go to but in the same school district. The last time I worked as a teacher I wasn't married. So when my first day of school it felt so weird to hear myself being called by my married name. On the flip side before I was married I always wanted to be called Mrs. Nez lol. So anyways back to my job. I work with all grade from kinder to 6th. I don't have one particular student I work with all day u have many students I work with all day. I do enjoy what I do very much. I work closely with the special ed teacher of both lower grades and higher grades. I see how the teachers treat these teachers and myself. As well as I see how they act in the lunch room and I have to say it's not very pretty.
      First of all I have a request to all teachers out there PLEASE TREAT YOUR SPECIAL ED TEACHERS WITH MORE RESPECT. They are teachers just like you. Except they take that extra time to help the student understand what they are learning. I totally understand that teachers are supper busy. I myself have wanted to become a teacher so I understand the job. Being on this side of the job I see that special ed teachers work a whole lot harder than normal teachers. They have to battle with the attitudes and the behavior issues. Normal teachers can ignore it and call someone else to come handle that student or focus on the other kids in the classroom. But for special ed teachers who do they call? They are the calvary. So I noticed that when my teacher calls to have her students come for group sessions the teachers give her attitude. They respond as if her time don't matter. Then the kids pick up on that and start to not respond to her after all the hard work she put into these kids. So just a word to teachers, special ed teachers are doing work so that is not hard for you. Work together on geeking the student be the best they can be.  Your petty attitudes effect the student, how they learn. If they see that your not into wanting them to understand what they are learning, they won't want to learn.
     Now about lunch time.  So I go sit in the teacher lounge to go eat my lunch. I notice that all these teachers sit in cliques. So of corse me being new I sit alone cuz I don't fit into any cliques. Can you believe it!! I don't fit into any cliques. Who would have thought lol. So me being the nice person I am. ...I go sit in all the chairs.  :) oh my goodness they get so upset!  They acted like if I just banged up thier car!! They even stop talking when I walk in. So I don't get why they have to act like.  So I try and talk to all new people that come in. I am even good friends with the custodians in the school and the cafeteria workers.  So whenever I need anything they help me right away. With the teachers I hear on the walkie talkie saying they will get to it soon.  I can't help but smile.  Now at my girls school all the teachers talk to me even the new ones. Even the one that didn't like me at first! So I don't get why two different schools with two different types of teachers. 
   I like my job and I have grown attached to the kids I work with.  I get along with everyone I work with even if they don't really like me, I smile and wave to all of them.  I make the best of everyday even if the kids misbehave and are rude to me. I just wanted to take the time and say what I have noticed going on at the school as well as give a word of advice to all the teachers out there and all the people who wanna be teachers.  Take a minute and get to know everyone and be nice to your special ed teachers. They deal with a lot more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment