Friday, November 21, 2014

Kids how are we raising them

Ok as a mother of 4 girls I can't help but look at how we are raising our kids. As a person who was raised in a single mother home I had my share of troubles lol. So I look at my girls and can't help think oh goodness what do I have in store for me lol. But I must say between my husband and I our girls are pretty ok. I mean no they are not perfectbut no they are not trouble makers either (the jury is still out on my youngest lol ) take my oldest, I had a meeting with the teacher to get on the same page and I found out my daughter had a situation at school.  As she talked about it was like oh no girl drama already!! But then she said " I don't like drama, I try to stay out of it and not be around it. " I had to ask the teacher did I hear what I thought I heard and the teacher laughed and said yes that only my daughter and 1 other girl are not involved in this drama!!! I had to hold on to my chair lol. Later when we got home I was so surprised that my very own daughter stays out of drama!!! It still trips me out lol but I did let her know that makes me so proud of her. And well my other girls are the same easy to please and open to anything and very thankful and loving and I can't help but thank God for all of it, because I know on my own I can't do it.
          I have friends and my own sister that home school their kids. There are times where I think I can home school them, I know when we move to NM I will home school for a year but I also have concerns about that. I mean we are raising our kids and teaching them to survive the real world. So are we helping them by keeping them home away from the real world? The real world is the big test how we did as parents, what we taught them, and how we taught them. I mean they still have to go in the world and get a job if they don't know how to interact with authority figures is a big show on how they were raised.  My girls go to public school and that right there is my test. How they react, respond, and interact with other people is a big reflection on me. Don't get me wrong if you can home school and shelter your kids then by all means do it I want to try I know it'll be hard for me but I do know one thing I won't be sheltering my kids.
        I see parents teaching the age old "do as I say not as I do". But I am noticing the kids are doing just as the patents.  As parents we have to look at our actions and think is this how I want my child to act? OK yes let's look at me lol I am opinionated and I don't hold back nothing.  I think would I want my daughters like me and I say yes because in this world if a person doesn't speak up for themselves they will get taken advantage of. I warn my girls that there are people out there that will take advantage of them and their friendship. To guard your heart because life doesn't care about age, race, or body size. When it hits you it will hit you hard. 
      So we have to look at our kids are we raising people that will be a productive person to society or a menace. Never ever teach your child "do as I do" they will always do as you do no matter what. As a patent, when offer kids go into the world and live on their own, will we as parents pass the test?  Will our kids succeed or will they be 30 and moving back home with mom with all their kids and wife?  The goal for kids is to raise them well enough that when they get older and as you get older they will take care of you and not put you in a resting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment