Monday, September 29, 2014

We are important!!

                I am sooo sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I have been wanting to blog about this subject for a while, I even came to the library to so I can blog and let the kids get Internet time too, but then I forgot what I was going to blog about lol. So here I am back the library and this time I remembered what I wanted to blog about :)
                So this may be sad but the last movie I saw was "moms night out" I have to say I wasn't really interested in it to begin with. Then I heard about it on the radio over and over and over. I probably seen the previews and said oh my goodness I have to see this movie. However.....I don't remember. lol I watched that movie with my husband and girls. They didn't get to finish it because of bed time hehe. I must say I totally felt like I could relate to that movie!! They did a good job picking a good actress for the part. If you seen that movie you know what I am talking about lol. If you haven't seen the movie and your a mom single or married, I recommend you see it :)
                 The movie delt with a mom who only has 3 kids, and is getting frustrated with life kids and the husband. The husband tells her to go get a night out and go have time for herself. As a mom of 4 I have to say I need to do that!!! As moms we do sooo much, especially single mothers. Now I have to address the other end of the spectrum where every weekend you talk "time for yourself" and go get drunk. It doesn't count if you have them at daycare, nanny, or even grandmas everyday of the week and your only time with them is on the weekend you go out and get "alone time". Your time needs to be spent with your kids. ok I think I got that out of the way lol not sure yet.
                 As mothers we spend our time looking after little ones and even big ones...not to mention a husband. I find that we don't do a good job taking care of others if ourselves are not taken care of. IN the movie the mom goes out...or at least tries to go out. On her adventure of going out with friends she tries to help out her sis in law and things just gets worse from there and then her friends end up in jail. Its so funny all the things that happen. But at the end she realizes that all she wanted to do was help everyone that she seemed to need her help. As moms we get in the mode of "fixer" or "helper" that when we see people we know or are related to that need help we automatically decide to help them even if they don't actually need our help. We tend to forget that no everyone needs our help and not everyone will accept our help.
                   In the end she is sad because her "me" time didn't turn out as she had planned. The husband told her something along the lines of that she is important and how she is very much needed. I don't remember all that was said but man I do know that it made me cry. I don't know if I am the only mom that feels like this but there are times where I do feel like what I am doing is not important, that I don't matter. I also feel like there are times where its never ending!!! like I just yelled at that kid to put that away like a bazillion times!!! I even get overwhelmed because I think like oh my goodness I have to do this all over again tomorrow!! After I saw that movie I felt in my heart that I am important and what I do does matter. I may not see the fruit of my labor right away. No I don't get paid in cash value for what I do. Also that I do need some time away just for me! Its so hard for me because i don't have the money for it or I don't have a friend just to accompany me. But I know its important to do it so I can fell refreshed and ready to tackle my everyday job.
                             I remember a telemarketer called me and asked what I did for a living and I said stay at home mom and he laughed and asked if we could exchange jobs. I laughed and said sure!!! and told him just so you know my job doesn't end at 5 or even start at 9, I don't get vacation time or even sick days and I don't get to clock out. He stopped laughing and said oh yeah I'll keep my job. I had to laugh and then yell at my kids lol. Soooo MOMS WE ARE IMPORTANT!!! Our kids are the future how are we raising them? what we do doesn't go unnoticed, sure we picked up that toy like 50 times but hey you know there will be a point where we will miss that little toy. If your a mom and you need a break please let me know I am sure we will find something to talk about lol So moms remember we are important no matter what!!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment